6 More Questions If You Will
With several Questionnaires that more serious candidates have answered, Civic Satisfaction has only these few:
1. What are your thoughts on timing the traffic lights in your District, Denver and the metro area?
2. Do you lean more toward helping businesses profit from and welcome kids cruising in your District, Denver and the metro area, dislike cruising or something totally different? [I meant cars cruising, tho interesting bike answers: I enjoyed cruising, though I didn’t meet many ladies as I’d’ve liked. And yes the question was a bit vague since some hate cruisers. Then pedaling got mixed in.
Mostly I long wondered if pro-cruiser businesses couldn’t profit from ‘cruiser specials’ to draw in some of those thousands of kids on their doorstep, expand the evening into the shops, reduce the traffic congestion and socialize the kids. Trash can be a problem but more trashcans generally work well. More employee hours are good for the economy, even if half would rather be on the other side of the counter. For restaurants and grocery delis, every cuisine has cheap hand held munchies, and employees can bring those out to kids parking to introduce the idea for a touch more than inside. Garages and parts stores can offer quick cheap deals to showcase. Clothes, sundries, most stores can focus on cruiser needs, cheaply. Cruising is one time you want to mistime the traffic lights. With a mix of boys’ and girls’ groups with couples then violence, gang activity and extreme show-off like racing is cut, rather socialized.
So let’s switch the question to your reaction and start a discussion. ]
3. What are your thoughts on city financed parking garages for parking permit areas of your District and Denver?
4. You’ve probably lost speaking time with groups so citywide candidates could speak. What are your thoughts to improve elections in Denver?
5. How do you feel about Clean Campaigns, publicly financed elections for Denver?
6. What are your thoughts on Denver’s current balance between business and people? [Hancock talks about balance tho folks on both sides disagree...]